May 15, 2020
Praise the Lord VLOFC!
I hope and pray that all is well with everyone as we continue to face the challenges of a new "reality".
We are looking forward to opening the church and getting back to fellowshipping and praising God as soon as possible. I'm sure most of you heard as did I that the Governor opened the state of Maryland to Phase One as of today, Friday May 15th. However, Prince George's county was not included as this would occur only on a per county basis. As of today we are told June 1st would probably be our time to enter Phase One.
As we prepare to return to our churches, we must be aware that it will be in limited phases. Churches are being asked to continue to practice safe measures to protect others from the spread of the virus. As we prepare for “the return”, let us keep in mind that the reason we attend church primarily is to hear the Word, fellowship, and to have contact with each other. Social distancing and safety measures designed for retail stores and restaurants will be very difficult if not unrealistic, to some degree, for a place made for closeness and unity as we glorify our God. That being said, Victorious Life of Faith will do the following:
1. Protect the rights and health of every member and visitor of VLOFC
2. Be compliant with all state laws and ordinances
3. Allow for the free expression of praise ,worship and fellowship among believers
To prepare everybody for “the return” changes have to be made. As we face these challenges, we will face them with faith and caution.
Our changes will be as follows:
1. Those who want to wear masks can do so. However, masks will not be mandatory.
2. We will practice social distance on a limited basis as it would be too difficult to keep 6 feet apart as we conduct our services. However we will do the following :
a) Respecting the rights of those who do not desire physical contact. Our staff and members will be instructed to only make contact with those who are comfortable or in the case to prevent injury from falling, etc..
b) Reserving seating areas for those who desire distance seating.
3. After every service the church will be cleaned and sanitized.
4. There will be hand sanitizer in the foyer when available for all members to use. However, Due to the lack of supplies, we encouraged all members to bring their own hand sanitizer.
5. Until further notice, we will only have Sunday services in the building. The Sunday morning services will still be held at 10:30am. Our Wednesday services and Sunday school will continue to be online only. The Sunday school times will be posted on the calendar via our website.
6. All scheduled ministry activities such as trips and outings will be canceled for this year due to the uncertainty of venues being open, transportation being available, and the lives and schedules of our members being somewhat in disarray. We cannot guarantee an efficient and successful operation.
7. We will continue to operate our ministries in terms of outreach, meetings, and general fellowships as the need arises.
8. Those members and staff who feel sick or have tested positive for COVID 19 are encouraged to inform the pastor and will be told to stay home or get treatment until they are completely recovered. We will continue to fully support and monitor any sick member in any way needed.
9. All senior members 60 and above are encouraged to be extra cautious and stay home a little longer as we clear the way for you. However, we respect your right to do as you please. So, we ask those who want to attend to take every precaution necessary to ensure your safety. We also suggest sitting in reserved seating where there will be social distance. Staff will be attentive to ensure that you have all you need and are able to leave the building prior to our dismissal to limit contact.
10. Although children are the least affected by the virus, we ask all concerned parents to either sit in the designated social distance areas or leave them home until you feel more comfortable with the passage of time.
I thank you all for your understanding and patience during this time of unusual circumstances. Let's continue to be the light in dark times.
Let's continue to encourage one another to continue in the faith. Let's get ready for “THE RETURN”.
Pastor Victor L. Furr